Forerunner 220 with Premium Heart Rate Monitor
Details & Promotions
Colourful running companion with connected features
In the box
• Forerunner 220 GPS watch
• Premium (soft strap) heart rate monitor
• Charging/data cradle
• Quick Start manual.
Just like a coach, Forerunner® 220 provides the motivating feedback you need to guide your training. You can even get post-run encouragement from friends and fans, thanks to the 220's connected features like real-time live tracking and social media sharing via the Garmin Connect Mobile™ app.
A Coach in Every Watch
Forerunner® 220 measures essential running data like distance, pace and heart rate¹. It's like having a coach on hand, providing constant feedback and recording all your stats so you can focus on your run. In addition to using GPS to calculate distance and pace, the 220 has a built-in accelerometer. This allows it to capture distance and pace data when you're running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod accessory. The accelerometer can also track distance when GPS is unavailable, such as when you run through a tunnel. It's compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect™, which you can schedule and send to your watch, for real-time coaching.
Easy to Use
The 220 is one of the first Garmin running watches to have a colour display, which makes it easy to interpret your data at a glance. It also features simple button operations and a sturdy, hinged wristband that's comfortable for any size wrist.
Extra Training Features
You can set up alerts for heart rate, pace or run/walk intervals to help you stay in the desired range. The 220 features vibration alerts and audible alerts, and you can customise your watch to provide both or just one type of prompt. When your run's done and saved in your watch's history, a post-run summary appears so you can see how you did. The 220 also notices if you hit any personal records on that run, like your fastest kilometre, 5k, 10k, half or full marathon or your longest run to date.
If you're like most runners, you want to analyse your stats after your run or race, but you may not be back at your computer right away. Forerunner® 220 solves that by automatically uploading your data to Garmin Connect, our free online community where you can save, plan and share your activities. Just download the free Garmin Connect Mobile app to your smartphone and then pair your watch. When you save your completed run, it will automatically upload to Garmin Connect when you're in range of your phone.
Additional connected features include live tracking, which allows your friends and fans to follow along and see your stats in real-time. You must have your phone paired with the 220 throughout your run to use the LiveTrack feature. You can also share your victories on your social media sites by posting updates through the Garmin Connect Mobile app. And, for real-time coaching as you run, the 220 is compatible with free training plans at Garmin Connect. By regularly connecting your watch to Garmin Connect, you'll also benefit from a faster GPS fix due to satellite data that will be sent to your device automatically.
• GPS running watch with high-resolution colour display
• Tracks distance, pace and heart rate
• Identifies personal records
• Compatible with free training plans from Garmin Connect
• Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, social media sharing
• Physical dimensions: 1.8'' x 1.8'' x 0.5'' (45 x 45 x 12.5 mm)
• Display size, WxH: 1.0'' (25.4 mm) diameter
• Display resolution, WxH: 180 x 180 pixels
• Weight: 1.4 oz (40.7 g)
• Battery Rechargeable lithium-ion
• Battery life: Up to 6 weeks in watch mode; up to 10 hours in training mode
• Water rating: 5 ATM
• High-sensitivity receiver
Features and benefits
• Heart rate monitor
• Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
• Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
• Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
• Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap)
• Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout)
• Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
• Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
• Vibration alert
• Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
• Heart rate-based calorie computation
• Customizable screen
• Watch functions include date and alarm.
• Run/walk feature