Thru-Hiker Mesh House 2
Details & Promotions
Ultralight weight is critical for thru-hikers and long-distance backpackers, and at .41 kg (14 oz), this shelter meets that requirement and others: excellent ventilation, good protection, and enough livable space for two to be comfortable for weeks or months on the trail. It's also an extremely packable and adaptable shelter. Use the Mesh House on its own for bug-free protection—a necessity in the High Sierras—or pair it with the Thru-Hiker 70 or 100 Wing (sold separately) for added wind and rain coverage. Whatever the trail—AT, PCT, CDT or TBD—this shelter system lets you configure the right combination of weight and protection that's right for your trip, and any section along the way.
Ultralight: Minimum weight of just .41 kg (14 oz) when you use your trekking poles for setup.
Livable Space: Floor plan accommodates 2 large camping pads plus gear.
Micromesh Protection: Micromesh canopy provides maximum ventilation, moisture control and bug-free protection.
Added Production: Pair with a compatible Thru-Hiker 70 Wing or 100 Wing (sold separately) for versatile protection options.
• Capacity: 2
• Color: Gray
• Country of Origin: Imported
• Floor Area (Metric): 2.78sq. m
• Floor Area (Standard): 30sq. ft
• Floor Fabric: 15D Ripstop Nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR
• Freestanding: no
• Interior Peak Height (Metric): 96cm
• Interior Peak Height (Standard): 38in
• Mesh Type: 10D polyester micro-mesh
• Minimum Weight (Metric): 410g
• Minimum Weight (Standard): 14oz
• Number of Doors: 1
• Number of Stakes: 6 MSR Needle
• Packed Size (Metric): 25 x 10cm
• Packed Size (Standard): 10 x 4in
• Packed Weight (Metric): 480g
• Packed Weight (Standard): 18oz
• Tent Volume (Metric): 1642liters
• Tent Volume (Standard): 58cu. ft
Product style: msr-05845