Your data is processed to provide you our services and to communicate with you.
- What personal data do we collect and how?
- How is your personal data used?
- How do we share your personal data?
- Where do we store your personal data?
- How do we protect your personal data?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
- Contact us
What personal data do we collect and how?
In order to facilitate the delivery of our products and services and the functionality of our website, we collect personal data you provide with us when you visit our website or interact with us. Personal data is any information that may identify you as an individual. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we may collect the following types of data:
When you interact with us
When you create an account or become a member on our website, we may request and collect your name, email, phone number, address, preferred language, username and password so we can maintain and efficiently use your account and our internal membership database. We will never share this data with anyone. The data collected and maintained in the database includes: your name, email address, password, phone number, mailing address, your purchase and product history.
When you purchase a gift card, we collect the recipient’s name and email address, as well as information for the personalized message, so that we can deliver the gift card to the recipient directly on your behalf.
When you choose to leave a comment or feedback on our website related to particular products, with your express consent, we may post such testimonials and reviews on the website.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, contact us for customer service or returns, we may collect your email address, phone number and content of your message. We use this information to communicate with you or to deliver our newsletter to you. You may also adjust your personal preferences, such as the type of products you shop for, as well as language preference and your month of birth. These preferences allow us to include content in our newsletters that is tailored and most relevant to you.
When you visit our website
- strictly required cookies, which are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off and are set in response to actions made by you on the browser, such as setting your language, currency, login session and privacy preferences. We use this information to provide you with relevant information. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but this may affect the functionality of our website.
- analytics and statistics cookies, which collect information in data sets, allowing us to measure various traffic data points on our website and see traffic sources. We use this data to adapt content, understand traffic patterns, measure advertising campaign efficiency and enhance overall user experience.
- marketing and retargeting cookies, which are set by our marketing and advertising partners and which are used by them to understand your interests and later show you relevant ads.
- functional cookies, which enable our website to offer additional functions and personal settings.
Click here to learn more about the type of cookies we use. Cookies are not required to shop on our site however, cookies may improve your experience on our website and assist us with site traffic analysis. You may disable cookies in your browser settings.
When you apply for employment
We may collect personal data from you, such as your name, email, phone number, as well as information you include in your resume and cover letter. We use this information to process your application and contact you with respect to your employment candidacy.
We only retain this data for the duration of the recruitment process. If we wish to retain your data for a longer period, to assess your candidacy for other positions as they become available, we will do so only with your express consent.
When you are hired, that data becomes part of your personnel file.
How is your personal data used?
Only as necessary, Altitude-Sports may use your personal data for a number of different business purposes. For example, personal data we collect may be used to:
- fulfill your order, requests for products, services or information;
- keep track of and maintain your account and membership;
- to create, update and maintain your preferences based on your choices when you purchase from our website;
- process returns and refunds;
- provide customer support to assist you when you contact us with a comment, question or complaint;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- with consent, post comments and reviews online to provide support for and improve our product offerings;
- process your applications for employment;
- measure, administer and improve the effectiveness of our website or our marketing endeavours;
- deliver our online content tailored to your preferences;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- market and advertise products and services;
- communicate to you our special events, promotions and surveys;
- with consent, where required, to offer and promote additional products and services we offer. You have the option to unsubscribe to our promotional emails by clinking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of your email;
- to fulfill our legal obligations.
How do we share your personal data?
In the normal course of business we may share some of your personal data within our corporate family, with third parties acting on our behalf and under our instruction, or as permitted or required by law. Altitude-Sports does not sell or rent our customers' and members’ personal data to any third party.
When you place an order online, we only request the information needed to complete the processing of your orders and billing. We also share our customers’ personal data with outside shipping and credit card processing companies in order to ship your order and process your payment. We only provide the information necessary for these purposes.
When you use a wish list with your member account.We will generate a user ID to enable us to recognize your account and preferences over all your devices. We use Google Analytics as a service provider that enables us to obtain better analytics to understand how users interact with our website. We may share your user ID or client ID with Google for this purpose.
We may collaborate with local, national, or international law enforcement or other authorities in the investigation of unlawful activities. If such an investigation requires disclosure of personal data kept in our records, we may be required by law to cooperate. We also reserve the right to report improper or unlawful user activities on our site, which may require the disclosure of personal data relating to those individuals conducting such improper or unlawful activities.
We may further share your personal data with competent authorities or other organizations when we believe, in good faith, that such actions are necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect or defend our rights and property such as to prevent fraud. Your data may also be transferred when the assets or business to which it relates are transferred to a third party as part of a transaction, restructuring or proceeding.
Where do we store your personal data?
The personal data we collect is stored on cloud servers hosted with Amazon Web Services and Shopify, located in the United States. The transfer to the United States is made under the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to protect personal data transferred outside of Europe. In addition, these cloud service providers are certified under the ISO Standards and offer the highest security safeguards. Please note that when your personal data is transferred to another country, it becomes subject to the laws of that country.
How do we secure your personal data?
We use all necessary security safeguards appropriate to the level of sensitivity and risk to protect your personal data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal data you provide to Altitude-Sports is exchanged on a secure server. We use one of the most up-to-date, advanced security systems, the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, to encrypt or encode data you send to us in the order process. This encryption process protects information, such as your credit card number, billing and shipping information by scrambling it before it is sent from your computer. Only once we receive your information is it decoded, and we make all reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our own systems.
We take all reasonable precautions to prevent the fraudulent use of your personal data on our websites. To that end, we adopted industry standard authentication procedures to ensure the protection of your information while shopping with us online. This includes, but is not limited to, contacting financial institutions or credit reporting agencies to ensure the authenticity of your credit card and to validate your credit card billing information.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We only retain your personal data as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was collected. We delete data pertaining to your account and membership within six months of you closing your account or ending your membership, only to give you time to come back easily if you wish, except where the law requires us to retain it for a set period of time such as tax law purposes.
What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
We strive to ensure that any personal data we retain and use is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary to provide you our services. These are your rights with respect to the personal data we collect and use about you:
- Access. You have the right to access and obtain a copy of any of your personal data that we collect and use about you. You also have the right to know the types of personal data we are collecting about you. If we cannot provide you access to your personal data, for example where it would reveal personal data about another individual, we will provide reasons.
- Rectification. You may request that we correct any inaccurate, outdated or incomplete data we may have about you. The membership information you previously provided to Altitude-Sports may be updated online at www.altitude-sports.com, or by calling our customer service.
- Opt-out.You may withdraw your consent at any time to the collection, use, disclosure or any other form of processing of your personal data by Altitude-Sports. You may also withdraw your consent to receive our email marketing communications at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email, and follow the instructions.
- Deletion.You may request that we delete the personal data we hold about you unless it must be retained to provide you the services you have requested or to protect our rights or to exercise or defend against any legal claims.
- Portability.You have the right to receive all your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit your data to another entity where this is technically feasible.
- Objection to direct marketing (including profiling). You have the right to object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes and interest-based purposes.
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will reply within 30 days. If for any reason we are unable to provide you access, correct or delete your personal data, we will explain the reasons why.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the protection of your personal data at Altitude-Sports or our affiliated websites, you can contact us at email@example.com or by calling our customer service at 1 800 729-0322 (Canada and U.S.) or (514) 495-1111 (Local and International).
If you still have concerns about the protection of your personal data at Altitude-Sports, you have the right to file a complaint with the privacy or data protection authority of your country.