Altitude Sports respects your privacy and has a policy in place in order to state: how we collect, use and protect your information, when or why we may share your information, what your rights are with respect to your personal data and some of the choices you have.
This policy applies whenever you use our website, contact us, make a purchase from us, or use any of our services and it applies to any personal information that we hold. If you do not agree with this policy, you should not use our website or services.
Your data is processed to provide you our services and to communicate with you.
- What personal data do we collect and how?
- How is your personal data used?
- How do we share your personal data?
- Where do we store your personal data?
- How do we secure your personal data?
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
- Contact us
What personal data do we collect and how?
In order to facilitate the delivery of our products and services and the functionality of our website, we collect personal data you provide to us when you visit our website or interact with us. Personal data is any information that may identify you as an individual. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, we may collect the following types of data:
When you interact with us
When you make a purchase or initiate a return online, we may collect personal data from you so we can complete the transaction, create your account or process any returns or refunds. Such information may include your name, shipping and billing address, email, phone number, as well as payment information.
When you create an account or become a member on our website, we may request and collect your name, email, phone number, address, preferred language, username and password so we can maintain and efficiently use your account and our internal membership database. We will never share this data with anyone. The data is collected and maintained in the database includes: your name, email address, password, phone number, mailing address, your purchase history and products.
When you purchase a gift card, we collect the recipient’s name and email address, as well as information on the personalized message, so that we can deliver the gift card to the recipient directly on your behalf.
When you choose to tag us, leave a review, leave a comment or feedback on our social medias, we may keep records of such communications and it may be used publicly on the website.
When you subscribe to our newsletter, contact us for customer service or returns, we may collect your email address, phone number and content of your message. We use this information to communicate with you or to deliver our newsletter to you. You may also adjust your personal preferences, such as the type of products you shop for, as well as language preference and your month of birth. These preferences allow us to include in our newsletters content that is tailored and most relevant to you.
When you share information for our third-party partners, for example, when we need to share your shipping information to our shipping services in order to deliver your packages. In these cases, we will only collect and share the required information for that third party to accomplish its task.
When you visit our website
- strictly required cookies, which are required for the website to run and cannot be switched off and are set in response to actions made by you on the browser, such as setting your language, currency, login session and privacy preferences. We use this information to provide you with relevant information. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but this may affect the functionality of our website.
- analytics and statistics cookies , which collect information in data sets, allowing us to measure various traffic data points on our website and see traffic sources . We use this data to adapt content, understand traffic patterns, measure advertising campaign efficiency and enhance overall user experience.
- marketing and retargeting cookies, which are set by our marketing and advertising partners and which are used by them to understand your interests and later show you relevant ads.
- functional cookies, which enable our website to offer additional functions and personal settings.
When you apply for employment
We may collect personal data from you, such as your name, email, phone number, as well as information you include in your CV and cover letter. We use this information to process your application and contact you with respect to your employment candidacy.
We only retain this data for the duration of the recruitment process. If we wish to retain your data for a longer period, to assess your candidacy for other positions as they become available, we will do so only with your express consent.
When you are hired, that data becomes part of your personnel file.
When you publicly share information
We collect personal information from other sources including:
- Public Information: in connection with our services, products, or your interactions with us, we may collect content and information that you share publicly. We may also collect information about you that is available publicly, such as from government databases or the media.
- Information from third parties: we may collect personal information from other customers, staff, or third parties where required for identification or in relation to a dispute, to a security incident, or otherwise for loss or fraud prevention. In certain cases, we may also collect information from private third parties, which could include information available from identity verification and fraud prevention services, or information from a third party who is collecting such information on our behalf.
When we are able to derive personal data
We may make inferences about you based on the personal information we collect. For example, we can use your IP address or website behavior to infer your location, your preferences or your interest.
How is your personal data used?
Only as necessary, Altitude-Sports may use your personal data for a number of different business purposes. For example, personal data we collect may be used to:
- fulfill your order, requests for products, services or information;
- keep track of and maintain your account and membership;
- to create, update and maintain your preferences based on your choices when you purchase from our website;
- process returns and refunds;
- provide customer support to assist you when you contact us with a comment, question or complaint;
- conduct surveys in order to improve our services;
- with consent, post comments and reviews online to provide support for and improve our product offerings;
- process your applications for employment;
- measure, administer and improve the effectiveness of our website or our marketing endeavours;
- deliver our online content tailored to your preferences;
- detect and protect against fraud and error;
- market and advertise products and services;
- communicate to you our special events, promotions and surveys;
- with consent, where required, to offer and promote additional products and services we offer. You have the option to unsubscribe to our promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of your email;
- to improve our services by using data and analytics;
- to fulfill our legal obligations.
How do we share your personal data?
In the normal course of business we may share some of your personal data within our corporate family, with third parties acting on our behalf and under our instruction, or as permitted or required by law. Altitude-Sports does not sell or rent our customers' and members’ personal data to any third party.
When you place an order online, we only request the information needed to complete the processing of your orders and billing. We also share our customers’ personal data with outside shipping and credit card processing companies in order to ship your order and process your payment. We only provide the information necessary for these purposes.
When you use a wish list with your member account. We will generate a user ID to enable us to recognize your account and preferences over all your devices. We use Google Analytics as a service provider that enables us to obtain better analytics to understand how users interact with our website. We may share your user ID or client ID with Google for this purpose.
We may collaborate with local, national, or international law enforcement or other authorities in the investigation of unlawful activities. If such an investigation requires disclosure of personal data kept in our records, we may be required by law to cooperate. We also reserve the right to report improper or unlawful user activities on our site, which may require the disclosure of personal data relating to those individuals conducting such improper or unlawful activities.
We may further share your personal data with competent authorities or other organisations when we believe, in good faith, that such actions are necessary to comply with a legal obligation, to protect or defend our rights and property such as to prevent fraud. Your data would also be transferred where, in the context of a transaction, restructuring or proceeding, the assets or business to which the data pertains was transferred to a third party.
Where do we store your personal data?
The personal data we collect is stored on cloud servers hosted with Amazon Web Services and Shopify and located in the United States. The transfer to the United States is made under the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission to protect personal data transferred outside of Europe. In addition, these cloud service providers are certified under the ISO Standards and offer the highest security safeguards. Please note that when your personal data is transferred to another country, they becomes subject to the laws of that country.
How do we secure your personal data?
We use all necessary security safeguards appropriate to the level of sensitivity and risk to protect your personal data against loss, theft, and unauthorized access. Any personal data you provide to Altitude-Sports is exchanged on a secure server. We use one of the most up to date advanced security systems, the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, to encrypt, or encode, data you send to us in the order process. This encryption process protects information, such as your credit card number, and billing and shipping information by scrambling it before it is sent from your computer. Only once we receive your information is it decoded, and we make all reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our own systems.
We take all reasonable precautions to prevent the fraudulent use of your personal data on our websites. To that end, we adopted industry standard authentication procedures to ensure the protection of your information while shopping with us online. This includes, but is not limited to, contacting financial institutions or credit reporting agencies to ensure the authenticity of your credit card and to validate your credit card billing information.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, for as long as we have a business or legal reason to do so, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
At any time, we may choose to delete or anonymize any or all of your personal information in our system, including your membership and membership record. We may do so upon no notice to you.
Under some circumstances, we may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We may use such anonymous or aggregated data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent, as it is no longer personal information.
Note that some of our third party service providers are partially or fully located outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be stored and processed outside of Canada, and may be subject to the laws and access by government or regulatory organizations outside of Canada.
What are your rights with respect to your personal data?
We strive to ensure that any personal data we retain and use is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary to provide you our services. These are your rights with respect to the personal data we collect and use about you:
- Access. You have the right to access and obtain a copy of any of your personal data that we collect and use about you. You also have the right to know the types of personal data we are collecting about you. If we cannot provide you access to your personal data, for example where it would reveal personal data about another individual, we will provide reasons. You can request access by contacting the Altitude Sports Privacy Officer.
- Rectification. You may request that we correct any inaccurate, outdated or incomplete data we may have about you. The membership information you previously provided to Altitude-Sports may be updated online at www.altitude-sports.com, or by calling our customer service.
- Opt-out. You may withdraw your consent at any time to the collection, use, disclosure or any other form of processing of your personal data by Altitude-Sports. You may also withdraw your consent to receive our email marketing communication at any time by clicking on “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email, and follow the instructions.
- Disable geolocation information. You may choose not to provide your location to us by customizing your mobile device settings to prevent sharing of location. You may also prevent the sharing of device location information by disabling Bluetooth on your device, turning your device on to “airplane mode” or turning your device off. If you opt-out or disable the geolocation function some features of our websites may not function properly (ie: languages detection based on geolocation).
- Cancel Membership. You can cancel your Altitude Sports membership by getting in touch with our Customer Service.
- Deletion. You may request that we delete the personal data we hold about you unless it must be retained to provide you the services you have requested or to protect our rights or to exercise or defend against any legal claims.
- Portability. You have the right to receive all your personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and also to require us to transmit your data to another entity where this is technically feasible.
- Objection to direct marketing (including profiling). You have the right to object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes and interest-based purposes.
- Manage Facebook settings. You can learn about Facebook's practices by going to Facebook and opt-out of some features by visiting this website. You can also adjust your social advertising settings here.
To submit a request to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We will reply within 30 days. If for any reasons we are unable to provide you access, correct or delete your personal data, we will explain the reasons why.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the protection of your personal data at Altitude-Sports or our affiliated websites, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our customer service at 1 800 729-0322 (Canada and U.S.) or (514) 495-1111 (Local and International). Mailing address: 601a-90 Beaubien West, Montreal, Quebec, H2S 1V6.
If you still have concerns about the protection of your personal data at Altitude-Sports, you have the right to file a complaint with the privacy or data protection authority of your country.
The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner for British Columbia www.oipc.bc.ca.
The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Alberta www.oipc.bc.ca.
Commission d’accès à l’information du Québec www.cai.gouv.qc.ca.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canadawww.priv.gc.ca.