• Waterproof HERO Session Camera
• Standard Frame
• Curved Adhesive Mount
• Flat Adhesive Mount
• Mounting Buckle + Hardware
• Smallest, lightest GoPro yet: Convenient, simple and compact, HERO Session is the perfect grab-and-go, everyday GoPro camera for everywhere your life takes you.
• Easy one-button control: A single button powers on the camera and starts recording video or time lapse photos automatically.
• Rugged + waterproof: Get it wet. Waterproof to 33' (10m), HERO Session is our first camera designed to eliminate the need for a separate housing.
• Mount upside down, capture right-side up. HERO Session knows what's up: When mounted upside down, HERO Session will automatically capture video and photos right-side up.
• Our lowest-profile mounting options: Tuck it in, low and tight. The small size of the HERO Session is compatible with all GoPro mounts to give you our most compact mounting options. Wear it. Mount it. Love it.™
• Intelligent battery usage: HERO Session maximizes battery life by only using power when the camera is recording.1 When you stop recording, it powers off. This means you can count on HERO Session to capture a full day of photos and video clips or record up to 2 hours continuously on a full charge.
• Stunning video quality: High-resolution 1440p30, 1080p60, and 720p100 delivers sharp, professional video. Record at higher frame rates of 60 or 100 frames per second for unbelievably smooth slo-mo playback.
• Powerful photo capture: Nail the shot with a variety of photo modes. Capture 8MP single photos, or set Time Lapse at intervals from 0.5 to 60 seconds. HERO Session can also be set to deliver a burst of photos up to 10 frames per second.
• Dual mic system: HERO Session has one mic on the front of the camera and one on the back. They work together to automatically sense, then filter out wind and noise. You'll sense the difference too.
• World's most immersive video: HERO Session features SuperView™, a GoPro-exclusive video mode that captures the world's most immersive wide-angle field of view. Capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot to create captivating, ultra engaging footage of every adventure.
• Auto Low Light mode: Let the camera do the thinking. When you move between bright and dark environments, the camera makes sure you get the best exposure by intelligently changing the video frame rate based on the available light.
• Easily adjust modes + settings: Easily adjust video, single and burst photo settings on the camera3 using the info/wireless button on the back and the start/stop button on the top. You can also change all modes and settings wirelessly with the Smart Remote4 or GoPro App.
• HiLight Tag your best moments: Mark key moments while recording so you can quickly locate them later for easy playback, editing or sharing. Just press the Info/Wireless button on the camera or Smart Remote,4 or tag your highlights using the GoPro App.
• Protune™ for video: Protune unlocks the camera's full potential, delivering minimally compressed, cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions and advanced manual controls. Flex your creativity with customizable settings for Color, ISO Limit, White Balance, Sharpness and Exposure—and enjoy the greatest degree of manual control available in a GoPro camera.
• Control, view and share with Wi-Fi + Bluetooth®: Connect with the GoPro App to control the camera remotely via your phone or tablet. View the content you've captured, share your favorite shots on Instagram, Twitter and more. Wireless control through the Smart Remote4 lets you connect to and control multiple GoPro cameras from distances of up to 600' (182m).
• Offload. Edit. Enjoy: The GoPro App for desktop is the easiest way to offload and enjoy your GoPro photos and video, make quick edits and share your favorite shots.
1 With Wi-Fi off.
2 Based on testing, recording 1080p30 video with Wi-Fi off. Actual performance may vary based on settings, environmental conditions and other factors. Maximum battery capacity will normally decrease with time and use
3 May require a software update.
4 Smart Remote sold separately.
• Weight Camera: 2.6oz (74g)
• Dimensions Camera: 38mm height, 38mm width, 36.4mm depth
|Video resolution||Frames per second(ftp) NTSC/PAL||Field of view(FOV)||Screen Resolution|
|1440p||30, 25||Ultra Wide||1920x1440|
|1080p||60, 50, 48, 30, 25||Ultra Wide, Medium, Narrow||1920x1080|
|1080p SuperView||48, 30, 25||Ultra Wide||1920x1080|
|960p||60, 50, 30, 25||Ultra Wide||1280x960|
|720p||100, 60, 50, 30, 25||Ultra Wide, Medium||1280x720|
|720p SuperView||60, 50, 30, 25||Ultra Wide||1280x720|
|WVGA||120, 100||Ultra Wide||848x480|
• Looping: Records a continuous video loop that overwrites itself until you press the shutter button to stop it and save.
• SuperView™: SuperView captures a tall perspective (4:3), which allows you to capture more of yourself and your surroundings in the shot. The content is then dynamically stretched to a wide perspective (16:9) for full, immersive widescreen playback
• Video Format: H.264 codec, .mp4 file format
• Advanced Video Capture Settings: Auto Low Light: Automatically adjusts frame rates according to lighting conditions for enhanced low-light performance. Frame rates are adjusted in medium- and low-light conditions. Playback occurs at the selected resolution and frame rate.
|Resolution||Field of view(FOV)||Screen resolution|
|8 MP(Default)||Wide||3264 x 2448|
|5 MP||Medium||2720 x 2040|
• Burst: Captures up to 10 photos in 1 second—perfect for fast-action photography.
• Burst Rate
3 photos/1 second
5 photos/1 second
10 photos/1 second (Default)
10 photos/2 seconds
• Time Lapse: Automatically captures a series of photos at timed intervals. Ideal for capturing photos when the camera is out of reach.
• Time Lapse Photo Intervals: 0.5, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30 and 60 seconds
Advanced Video Capture Settings
• Protune™: Protune unlocks the camera's full potential, delivering cinema-caliber video optimized for professional productions and advanced manual control.
Protune enables manual control of White Balance, Color, ISO Limit, Sharpness, and Exposure Value Compensation for advanced control and customization of your video.
Available for 1440p, 1080p, 960p60/50, and 720p100. Not available for Looping Video or photos.
• Protune Settings:
White Balance: Adjusts the overall color tone of videos.
Auto (Default) - Recommended Lighting Conditions: Automatically adjusts the color tone based on the environmental conditions
3000K - Recommended Lighting Conditions: Warm light (incandescent or sunrise/sunset lighting)
5500K - Recommended Lighting Conditions: Slightly cool light (cool fluorescent, average daylight)
6500K - Recommended Lighting Conditions: Cool light (overcast conditions)
Native - Recommended Lighting Conditions: Industry standardized optimized color
Color: Allows you to adjust the color profile of your video footage.
GoPro Color (Default) - Resulting Color Profile: GoPro color-corrected profile (same great color as when Protune is turned off)
Flat - Resulting Color Profile: Flat, neutral color profile that can be color-corrected to better match footage captured with other equipment, offering more flexibility in post-production
• ISO Limit: ISO Limit adjusts the camera's sensitivity in low-light environments, and creates a balance between brightness and resulting image noise. Image noise refers to the degree of graininess in the image.
• Sharpness: Sharpness controls the sharpness of your video footage.
• Exposure Value Compensation (EV COMP): Affects the brightness of your video. Adjusting this setting can improve image quality when shooting in environments with contrasting lighting conditions.
EV COMP Settings: -2.0; -1.5; -1.0; -0.5; 0 (Default); +0.5; +1.0; +1.5; +2.0
• Spot Meter: Spot Meter is good for filming into a setting where the lighting is different from where you are, such as filming the outdoors from within a car or filming a shaded environment while standing in the sun. Spot Meter automatically sets the exposure based on a single spot in the middle of the image.
• Image Quality + Optics
Ultra sharp image quality with all-glass lens
Ultra wide-angle field of view with reduced distortion
• Battery + Charging
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Rated at 1000mAh, 3.8V, 3.23Wh
Integrated with camera
• Battery Life: The chart below indicates the approximate continuous recording time (hr:min) you can expect when shooting in various video modes using a fully charged battery
|With Wi-Fi Off||With Wi-Fi On + Using Wi-Fi Remote||With Wi-Fi On + Using GoPro App|
|Video Mode||Estimated Time||Estimated Time||Estimated Time|
• Format: 32kHz sampling rate, AAC compression
• AGC (automatic gain control)
• Internal mic: Mono x 2
• External mic: Not supported
• Micro USB
Using external power during recording
Connecting to a computer for playback/file transfer/charging
microSD memory card with at least a Class 10 or UHS-I rating required. Recommended microSD cards
Up to 128GB capacity supported
Record times vary with resolutions and frame rates
Photo + Video Playback
• GoPro App (free): Use the GoPro App to access all modes and adjust settings, and preview and play back videos and photos.
• Computer: Use the included USB cable to transfer files to a computer. Use GoPro Studio to play back videos and photos.