Details & Promotions
Pâté chinois, French for Shepherd's Pie, is an all-time favourite and classic of French Canadian culture, particularly in Québec. Its origin remains a mystery, despite all the research, studies and writings conducted throughout the ages. Our Sheppard's Pie is similar to the French hachis parmentier, the Scottish Shepherd's Pie and British Cottage Pie.
• Beef - Standard Preparation: Remove potato pouch and ketchup. Combine the cold water (250 ml/serving) and the beef preparation. Mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 2 minutes.
• With Insulating Pan Cover: Simmer 2 minutes on low heat, stirring often. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 12-15 minutes, stirring once or twice.
• Potatoes - Add boiling water (125-175 ml/portion) to potatoes. Mix well. Let stand for 2 minutes.
• Assemble in layers and serve with ketchup!
• Beef Mix: Freeze-dried lean ground beef (onions, spices), freeze-dried corn
• Gravy (maltodextrin, modified and regular corn starch, dehydrated vegetables (onion, garlic), wheat flour, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins (soy, corn, wheat), caramel, salt, garlic powder, spices).
• Potato Mix: Potato flakes(sulfites), skimmed milk powder, spices, salt
Weight per serving: 110 g
Product style: hpy-m26